Sunday 8 February 2009

Sunday 8th February

Well, I’m happy to report that we had an excellent time last night, and my earplugs did their job brilliantly - my tinnitus wasn’t any worse when I got home, nor is it today.

People assume the earplugs must take away from the experience of live music, but I’ve never found that. I’m not sure why, but in actual fact they seem to drown out all the crowd noise and enhance the quality of the music for me.

The only time I really noticed my tinnitus last night was when I left the main room to visit the toilet, whist still wearing my earplugs - I suppose because all background noise was being drowned out. It didn’t bother me though, as I was having such a great time.

I’d like to think this is fairly typical of my attitude to my tinnitus. I’ve accepted it’s there and do my best to not let it affect me. I guess it’s the same when you have a dull but constant pain - I know it’s there, it’s not something I’d choose to have, but I do my best to not let it get me down when it’s at my worst. Although, I know it’s not always quite as straightforward as this, especially when I’m tired or stressed.

We’ll see if I’m feeling quite so positive after tomorrow’s Monday morning commute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any inappropriate comment will be removed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.